Thursday, March 03, 2011

stitch, un-stitch, repeat

Ahh, the process of getting it right. So much counting, recounting, and groaning.

I have been working on the Christmas in the Heartland sampler now that I have finished the Herb Garden Sampler.  And there was one row I just couldn't seem to get lined up correctly.  Turns out, two rows above I'd made a few mistakes, and that was what caused me troubles in the next two rows.  I was so frustrated with it, I didn't work on it for a while, but when I finally got it straightened out, ran a basting line down the center, the rest got easier.  I am almost to the bottom of the tree now.  This has been so much fun to do, I might think about doing it again in a while!

Christmas in the Heartland


I went through my stash a bit tonight looking for an old magazine that contained a pattern for an ornament I thought I'd like to make again.  But, I was unable to find it.  I did find a treasure trove of things I forgot I'd had, and an equally large trove of things I wonder why I even bought!  At least I have a good set of things to get started on, and keep me out of trouble!

No comments: