Monday, February 25, 2013

The giant bookmark

it's done!! And still giant.  It's bigger than a dollar bill!  I hope someone thinks it's the right size for them.

Bookmark - Floral Sampler Adaptation
I wanted to get back to my Fruit of the Vine sampler, but these last two things were on such large count fabric I needed a transition piece to get back into the swing of things.  I started a Shepherd's Bush kit "Behold".  I have the sheep almost done and it's going quite well.  This picture is from last weekend.

Behold - Shepherd's Bush
Last night I didn't get any stitching done since there was MUCH LAUNDRY, a bunny needed re-capitation, and a little boy's hat had holes.  This morning he told me it was good I fixed it so snow won't get on his head.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Near the end

Bookmark is almost done. I chose nuns stitch for the edging. Just have to do the knots for the last set of flowers and a little more than half of the edging is left.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013


Finished the angel
Made more progress in the bookmark.

Floral Sampler Bookmark - progress 2/10/2013

Angel Ornament 2/10/2013

Friday, February 08, 2013

Photos to go with last post

The alphabet looks crooked because I used the panoramic feature on my phone, and wasn't perfectly steady.

Dress for clothespin angel - her sleeves may have to go without lace

Giant Bookmark

Circus Alphabet for DS2 - Crooked panoramic picture
Circus Alphabet for DS2 - full picture

What I have been up to... (but no pictures)

Things have been a bit crazy for me the last two weeks.  Kids are busy doing stuff and the weather has been nutty - warm enough to melt all the snow, then we got an ice storm.  Now we probably have about 4 inches of snow again.  Well, last week I slipped on the ice and rattled my head.  A few days of rest and I was well on the road to recovery, but I was nervous about stitching too soon.  I didn't want to mess up my son's alphabet piece so close to the end, and I really didn't want to make my concussion any worse.  I did get around to picking it up again, and got the Circus finished (still no photo).  I decided to do something smaller next.  My EGA has a boutique sale each year and our inventory was quite depleted after the last sale.  I thought I'd work on an ornament.  I had a clothes pin angel kit from many many years ago I picked up. It worked up quickly, but then when I followed the finishing instructions, the template was too small and I would have ended up cutting the stitches.  I really hate improvising, but I did it.  This little angel will have a VERY long dress.  I'm not really sure what happened, since I went back and counted and it matches the pattern.  Maybe the concussion impacted me more than I thought.  Photo of this will follow too.  So, I switched to bookmarks.  I started on last night and realized it is going to be a giant bookmark.  It's designed for 14 count fabric.  I picked up a nice piece of pink linen and started stitching over 2.  Turns out it's 24 count linen, and at 14 count the bookmark is 3"x 9", so I edited a bit and we'll make a little shorter.  Tonight I'll take some pictures.