Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I put aside my drawn work piece for the weekend and picked up the phone case I ordered a few months back.  I had been picturing what I was going to do for a while now.  I have a purse that is turquoise with big white daisies on it.  I thought I should mimic that pattern for my phone case. So, I went through the threads and opted for color fast DMC rather than the abundance of over-dyed I seem to have now.   And with only an idea in my head I put the yellow on the needle and picked a spot.  This is for certain not my general mode.  I am a planner, and I usually would have gotten out the graph paper, and maybe even fought with some software to chart this out, but not this time.  I made a Rhodes Octagon for the center of the daisy and went from there.  The petals are far from perfect, but I like them.  Once I had a daisy done I started on the background.  I was working on it and realized I was going to run out of thread.  I had chosen some of the thread that came with the case, and had no real reference or match.  So, the bottom part of the case is a slightly darker shade.  I did add the second daisy in an attempt to save on the background thread.

Phone case
 I think it turned out pretty cute.  It doesn't lay flat on the stitched side since those Rhodes stitches are so thick.  It's fun and I had a fun time stitching it. 

I also pressed the Summer Garden. 

Summer Garden
Back to the Rose Trellis for me.  The border work is getting tedious, but it will be good to get it out of the way so I can do the fun parts.

No comments: