Monday, July 23, 2012

Wow, there was a garden in there!

My veggie garden has never been much of a success.  My garden is pretty small, and I don't grow much.  Just enough to get a few tomatoes and things.  I just don't put the time into it that I should, and I have a very "live and let grow" philosophy about it.  But this year the weeds just got the best of me over two weekends I tackled the project. 
Me, in the garden, at about the half-way mark.
The far side is how it all looked before I began.
Finished!
Once I had it all done I took out the trellis that I had intended for the peas, as some critter munched the plants away.  I had guessed that the same fate had fallen to the beans, but I was surprised to find three plants still surviving.  They probably won't do much, but we'll see what happens.  I have sprayed down some liquid fence since this critter also took some bites out of the first zucchini!

Pumpkin

Zinnia
Tomatoes
Zucchini
Cucumbers
The beans that survived

No comments: